The Power of Joy
This is a great and informative speech I created to help get the word out about all the benefits of laughter and happiness.
It is broken down into three main parts:
- Stress – The Silent Epidemic
- Laughter – The Cure
- How to Inoculate Yourself – Ways to boost your happiness
Here is a quick overview:
Stress the Silent Epidemic
I want to dispel the notion that “everyone has stress” and “we just have to live with it” or “there is nothing we can do about it”.
Stress is NOT good – unless you are being chased by a raging tiger. We could do with a lot less of it in our daily lives.
- Stress narrows our focus to “fight or flight” hindering productivity and creative thinking.
- Stress can affect the blood cells that help you fight infection so you are more likely to get a cold or other disease.
- According to the Mayo Clinic: long term stress increases the risk of: obesity, illness, heart disease & memory impairment
Laughter is The Cure
Laughter is the opposite of stress and combats stress. The problem is that many people have a skewed view of happiness.
- Laughter has been marginalized and disregarded as frivolous over the centuries to the point where we have trouble in today’s world understanding its importance.
- Yet no one teaches babies to laugh – all babies laugh at around two months old no matter where or how they are brought up.
- Meaning laughter is a Biological Imperative. We NEED to laugh.
Then there is all of the benefits of laughter and joy. Why wouldn’t you want more of this?
How to Inoculate Yourself – Ways to Be Happier
Here are two ways you can start building your happiness now!
- Don’t buy into the 2 big myths of happiness (I’ll be happy when … / Success leads to happiness)
- There are 12 SCIENTIFICALLY PROVEN ways you can build your happiness:
This is the amazing Power of Joy.
If you want to know more about this speech call or email Rob Card.